Online casinos offer players the chance to enjoy casino games from the draw for many players the generous sign-up bonuses that online casinos offer, often match a player’s initial deposit by 100% or even higher. However, there is an issue that has been plaguing the online casino industry – the retroactive alteration of bonus terms after a player has already made their deposit.
Background on online casino bonuses
They provide players with extra funds or free spins to use at the online casino, giving the player free money to play with. Some less scrupulous online casinos have realized players by advertising extremely generous bonuses, only to modify them retrospectively, later on, to try to claw back some of that value. It may involve altering wagering requirements, reducing maximum cash-out limits, or placing absurd time restrictions on when bonuses expire. The casino already has their deposit, leaving the player frustrated and unlikely to trust that casino again.
Avoid retroactive bonus changes
While we condemn online casinos that engage in retroactive bonus term changes, there are some precautions players take to reduce their risks:
- Stick to established sites – Brand new online casinos should be viewed as higher risk, as they have less reputation to lose by pulling tricks with bonuses. But sites that have been successfully operating for 10+ years have more incentive to keep players happy.
- Watch out for backdated changes – Shady M88 ทางเข้า casino like to alter terms retroactively but pretend the new rules were always in effect. Carefully review the current offer terms versus any evidence (like cached pages or forum posts) of previous offers.
- Avoid excessively generous bonuses – Instant red flag! No rules, no max cashout bonuses with zero requirements may look great, but a casino will rarely give away totally free money. Assure that the bonus terms seem fair and sustainable before agreeing to them.
- Don’t rush to deposit – Don’t be blinded by a tempting bonus and rush to deposit right away. Take some time to research the casino’s reputation and look for any warning changes. Deposit only once you feel fully comfortable with the casino’s trustworthiness.
- Watch for stealth edits – Even once you’ve made a deposit, periodically check the website for any stealth edits to bonus terms. Whenever you are redeeming bonus funds or winnings, you should verify the requirements to make sure you fulfill them.
- Keep screenshots – Take dated screenshots of any bonus terms and conditions before you sign up, to have evidence in case a casino later pretends the rules were different.
- Trust your instincts – If an online casino just seems a little “off” or you’re getting bad vibes, listen to your gut feeling and avoid depositing there, even if the bonuses look amazing. It is likely that there is something shady going on here. Being selective about where you play, and not chasing bonuses that appear unrealistic, will go a long way towards avoiding this unfortunate bait-and-switch experience.